The Lady of the Lake

More
04 Oct 2007 19:39 #8275 by Shadowslay
East Gate

Obvious exits: west
It is nearly pitch black here.
A large gate in the stone wall stands up tall. Very few people are moving
through the gate.  Just noticeable beyond the gate you see a road going east.
A street leads back into the city of Forest Heart.  Some lanterns flicker,
leaving ominous shadows hiding here.  
This area is quite large.  A light northwesterly breeze blows by.  
A large iron gate leads out into the wilds.
A parchment sheet is nailed to the gate.
==================================================================


You go toward the large iron gate, limping somewhat.

   ::    
 ##::TT  
 ##=*====
 ##==::  
   ==    


You stop travelling.


You glance northeast.


Heavily wooded forest  (nothing)
It is well lit over there.
A female braman with smooth cream-colored skin is standing very far to the
northeast.
Two bone arrowheads are in the distance to the northeast.
Two balls of twine are in the distance to the northeast.
Some wooden torches are in the distance to the northeast.
Two wooden arrow shafts are in the distance to the northeast.
A burning wood log is in the distance to the northeast.
An old man with a pierced nose is sitting down in the distance to the
northeast.
A horse with bay fur is standing in the distance to the northeast.
A cluster of pine needles is in the distance to the northeast.
A smooth rock is in the distance to the northeast.
A very very small pile of not very fresh meat is in the distance to the
northeast.
Lots of tree branches are in the distance to the northeast.
A fallen yew tree is in the distance to the northeast.
A crude wooden arrow is in the distance to the northeast.
A small stone cottage looms above a collection of saplings below, the steepled
roof made of several beams of wood covered in wooden slats.
A small tin box is in the distance to the northeast.
A stone well is in the distance to the northeast.
==================================================================

Health:
body: in perfect health.
head: in perfect health.
left arm: badly hurt.
left leg: in perfect health.
right arm: hurt.
right leg: badly hurt.

You sit down.
You examine your right leg.
Your right leg.
It has a couple of gouges and a scrape.


The wilderness

Obvious exits: nothing
It is nearly pitch black here.
This is a wide, hard-packed dirt road, deeply rutted in places.  Scraggly grass
lines the track's edges, while a few feeble plants attempt to grow from its
scarred surface.  A faint smell of dust lingers in the air.  
This area is vast.  A light northwesterly breeze blows by.  


You are wearing a bandage on your right leg, an iron nosering in your nose, a
skull necklace around your neck, a leather hood on your head, a black silk cape
over your back, a battered leather glove on your left hand, a scorched plate
glove on your right hand, a scorched plate bracer around your right wrist, a
leather canteen strapped across your torso, a brown satchel on your back, a
studded leather vest on your body, a pair of leather pants over your legs, a
tarantus leather greave over your lower right leg, a tarantus leather greave
over your lower left leg, a leather boot with a curved draite dagger in it on
your left foot, and a leather boot with an iron stiletto in it on your right
foot.
A long scabbard with a fine sword in it, a short scabbard with a blackened
draite shortsword in it, and a belt pouch hang from a sword belt around your
waist.  

Galemon sets in the east.


A man with several missing teeth jogs in.
A man with several missing teeth looks at you.


You look at a man with several missing teeth.
He is a male human with shoulder-length black-and-gray hair, a hooked nose,
several missing teeth, sunken mud-brown eyes, and mottled ruddy skin.  He is
about your height, about your weight, and seems to be about as strong as you.
He is standing here looking well rested.

He is wearing a leather canteen strapped across his torso, a wicker backpack on
his back, a leather shoe on his right foot, a leather shoe on his left foot, a
roughspun tunic on his body, a wool kilt over his legs, and a dried rabbit foot
around his neck.
A short scabbard and a leather moneybag hang from a leather belt around his
waist.  

A man with several missing teeth pauses, glancing you over "Hoo there, fella.
Yeh look like yeh just been 't a scuffle."

You take a deep breath, inhaling through your teeth, "Yeah...."
You say "Somethin' like -that-."

| > A man with several missing teeth asks "Yeh tear apart them deadies over at the
church?"

You ask "There deadies at the church?"

> A man with several missing teeth murmurs, shaking his head "Nae, not anymore.
Used to be some 'hours ago, yah. But now they're gone. Figure yeh dispatch 'em
or somethin."

You say "Naaah.."
You wave one hand dismissively.

You say "Vat about 'ye? 'Ye look like y'been in some scuffles y'self."

You glance at a man with several missing teeth's mouth.

> A man with several missing teeth chortles, tilting his hand "Eh, this 'n that.
Couple of a drunken bar fights and such like that, yeh?"
A man with several missing teeth glances down, thumbing at his teeth, grimacing
thoughtfully.

You say, matching a man with several missing teeth's colloquial tone, "Yeh."

You examine your right leg.
Your right leg.
It has a gouge, a shallow gouge, a small lightly discolored patch, and a tiny
cut.

> A man with several missing teeth asks, rubbing the bridge of his nose "So what
goared yeh up so much then, fella?"

You go on to say, "The smartest bear I've ever seen."

A man with several missing teeth says, nodding a few times "Yah, Ah can believe
that. Them bears are a nasty sort. Though they don' be lookin' for folk 'n
spring so much."

Yuzla rises waxing gibbous in the west.

You make a popping noise in your cheek.
You say "This one.. this one vas out for -blood-."
You say "Gotta' admit.."
You slap your own face, rubbing at a recent scar.
> A man with several missing teeth asks, titlting his head "Oh yeh? How'd that
go?"
You say "Best fight I've had in a vhile."
You say "No one 'round has got the gall or ball to put up a real scuffle."

You take a sip from the leather canteen.
You swallow some of the bitter liquid.  
You pour some black liquid from your leather canteen over your tongue.

> A man with several missing teeth murmurs, exhaling softly "Mmm, yeah. Sure,
that's real great."
A man with several missing teeth pauses, eyebrows furrowing thoughtfully
'Hrmh."
A man with several missing teeth asks, glancing up to you  "Ho, since yeh so
mighty 'n all. Yeh be willin' to do a little thin' for meh ? ."

You grit your teeth.
You say "Maybe."
You ask "Vat's happenin'?"
> A man with several missing teeth asks, exhaling lengthily "Well. First of all,
Yeh ever hear of a certain ... Lady Mara? ."
You say ".. No, no I dun'."
> A man with several missing teeth says, licking his lips "Mmm. Well, let me tell
yeh a lil' story there, then. ."

You examine your left arm.
Your left arm.
It has a gouge and a shallow gouge.

You glance over your wounds, "I got time."

> A man with several missing teeth pauses, eyebrow furrowing "No, how's that. Yeh
tell me ef yeh'll do it or not first, 'n then Ah tell it whole ."

You ask ".. vell, eh, vat if I say I'll do it and change m'mind?"
> A man with several missing teeth mentions, raising his hands "Yeh don' have to
kill anyone or nothin' yeh don't wannae do. Just go to a certain place 'n check
it out, how's that? ."

You say quickly, "A'ight, I'll do it. Hit me."

> A man with several missing teeth pauses thoughtfully "Hrm. ."
A man with several missing teeth says, shrugging "Well, Blight. Then Yea not
goin' to get any coin out of 't, would yeh? ."

You draw a curved draite dagger from your leather boot.

You pick your teeth with your curved draite dagger.

> A man with several missing teeth says lengthily "It's not far. Yeh know this
lake bit east a here? ."
You glance east.
You say "Uh-huh."
> A man with several missing teeth mentions, licking his lips "Well. Ah came by
that place some while ago. About a month a so, yah. It was my birthday, 'n Ah
went for the yearly bath."
A man with several missing teeth continues, clearing his throat "N  ... Ah met
her. This Lady Mare, gal."

You peer off into the distance at nothing in particular.

> A man with several missing teeth says, eyebrow furrowing "Well. First Ah saw a
bunch of 'em birds 'n other critters scurrying away. But Ah just swam to tha
other shore, figured whatever was prawlin' was too far, yah? ."
You clack your jaw, "Yeah."
> A man with several missing teeth says, glancing down thoughtfully "And then
this gal ... appeared. Out of nowhere really. ."
You continue, "Yeah, yeah."

You think: Hey.
You think: I've seen weirder things just this month.

> A man with several missing teeth mentions, exhaling softly "Thought she just
snuck up 'n me really, Blight. But now .. Ah don't know. ."
A man with several missing teeth adds eagerly, glancing up to you  "She was a
real looker too, yeh know. Real beautiful like. Silk sash, real odd lookin'
sabers 'n like ."
A man with several missing teeth mentions, glancing down thoughtfully "Called
herself Lady Mara, yeh ? Say she be comin' to the lake Every spring 'n till the
leaves turn red."
A man with several missing teeth exclaims suddenly, looking straight at you
"But she's no looker 't all. She a witch, a demon. 'N old ugly hag!"
> A man with several missing teeth grimaces, glancing away "When we talk, birds
all went a scurryin' away, fallin' down from tha skies like birds. ."

You nearly leap out of your seating position and spit, "Y'mean to tell me
-that- vas some crazy Lady Mara demoness outta' the lake?"

> Keror rises at first half-moon in the west.

A man with several missing teeth says, nodding eagerly "Yah, yah! She be
haunting the lake, tantacles of pure shadow goin'  a round eatin' everythin'
that moves. That'd be her!"
A man with several missing teeth asks, tilting his head "Yeh hear of her then
?"
You say bluntly, "I met her."


    Gradually, you become aware of your surroundings...

Heavily wooded forest

Obvious exits: nothing
It is well lit here.

Dense, gray-brown undergrowth crowds this area, crawling between thick tree
trunks.  Above, spiralling tiers of leaf-heavy branches are visible, allowing
only the occasional dappled shaft of light down to ground level.  Fallen
branches and leaves lie strewn over the forest floor.  Moss and lichen grow
densely over the bark of the massive trees.  
This area is vast.  
A fresh bear corpse is nearby to the east.
A severed bear head is nearby to the east.
A woman with lively green eyes is sitting down right next to you, tending.
A fresh moose corpse is nearby to the northwest.
A severed moose head is nearby to the northwest.
A corpse of a man with scarred bronzed skin is right next to you.
==================================================================

> A woman with lively green eyes murmurs softly, "Don't move."

Your eyes flutter from target to target.

> A woman with lively green eyes wraps a bandage on your body.

You examine a fresh bear corpse.

You look at a woman with lively green eyes.
She is a female human with a small nose, long auburn hair, lively green eyes,
white teeth, and smooth pale skin.  She is about your height, about your
weight, and seems to be somewhat stronger than you.  She is sitting down here
looking well rested.

She is holding a wooden stick in her left hand.
She is wearing a woven leather bag strapped across her torso, an obsidian ring
on her right hand, a laced black sandal on her left foot, a laced black sandal
on her right foot, a long flowered skirt over her legs, a heavy black cloak
over her back, a black silk tunic on her body, and a black pearl choker around
her neck.
A curved scabbard with an iron saber in it and a curved scabbard with an iron
saber in it hang from a black silk sash around her waist.  

You look at a man with scarred bronzed skin.

You mutter, "Y'gotta... y'gotta' get him to the apothecary.."

> A woman with lively green eyes sighs softly and shakes her head, "I got here
just in time, it looks like."
A woman with lively green eyes reaches to a woven leather bag.
A woman with lively green eyes takes an unused bandage.
You say "Acch... get my legs, too..."

> A woman with lively green eyes starts to tend your left leg.

> A woman with lively green eyes looks at a man with scarred bronzed skin.

You ask, "Think I'll make it?"
> A woman with lively green eyes stares intently at her work.
> A woman with lively green eyes shrugs slighty and admits, "I don't know. If the
bear was diseased, maybe not."

> A woman with lively green eyes looks at a man with scarred bronzed skin.
You say "Hahaha...."
You say ".. hahaha.."
A woman with lively green eyes adds softly, "But you're still better off than
your friend, there."
You go into a stream of laughter, "Hahaha.. hahaha.. haha... ha... aaah.."
You clutch your pierced stomach.


You think: That was Lady Mara, huh...


You ask ".. So vat's, vat's happenin', huh? You vant me to check this lake
place?"

A man with several missing teeth says "Mm, yeah. Pretty much. Be careful of 'em
... tentacles."

A man with several missing teeth mentions, licking his lips "Them shadow things
come outta the lake see. First, they devour 'em dead birds. Real strange like

A man with several missing teeth says, his hand darting sharply "It touches
'em, 'n they just melt, 'n then they join like two lantern oil poured together,
yah?"

You say, without nodding your head, "Uh-huh..."
> A man with several missing teeth mentions, sighing quietly "Once it was done
with 'em birdies, it went 'fter me. And so Ah ran, it chase me, but then got
distracted by a boar."

You think: -Half-listening.-

> A man with several missing teeth says, glancing sharply to you  "This thing, it
crawled right inside tha boar. And this boar, he came a demon creature, eyes
filled with fury, smoke streaming outta ."
'So ahh...
You say "So ahh..."

You bite your lower lip, "You vant me to chase down a demoness, and a magicker,
out in the middle of noplace?"
> A man with several missing teeth continues, scratching at his cheek
thoughtfully "It chase me then, but then got some sort of will or somethin'. It
stop short some and then ... then just ... rammed some tree."
A man with several missing teeth says, raising his hands suddenly "And them
trees. they spoke! cursing that boar, 'n like. ."
A man with several missing teeth says, shrugging simply "Well uhh ... Yeah. Not
that far really, real close. Few hours 'n foot, just east a here."

You say "I'll get there faster than that."
You twirl your curved draite dagger by your fingers with a few strokes.
You retire your curved draite dagger to your leather boot.
You stand up straight.

You draw a fine sword from your long scabbard.
You draw a blackened draite shortsword from your short scabbard.

You examine a blackened draite shortsword.
The blade of this shortsword is forged out of blackened draite, and it bears a
simple, leather-bound hilt without a pommel.  The handguard is a thick,
slightly curved bronze plate, with a few lines of engraving around its outer
edges.  It is about half a stride long.  It looks to be moderately worn-out.
It is being held in your left hand.  

You examine a fine sword.
An exceptionally well crafted long sword.  Its blade is about a stride long and
made of a finely sharpened steel.  The handle is six fingers in length and
wrapped tightly with black leather.  It appears to be in perfect condition.  It
is being held in your right hand.  

> A man with several missing teeth adds, rubbing at his lips "Oh at least check tha
place out, yah? ."

You check your weapons.

You look at a man with several missing teeth.

A man with several missing teeth says "There be a small island in the middle of
the lake."

You ask ".. You got a blade?"
> A man with several missing teeth reaches to a wicker backpack.
A man with several missing teeth takes a bronze sword.
A man with several missing teeth reaches to a wicker backpack.
A man with several missing teeth takes a metal dagger.

You retire your blackened draite shortsword to your short scabbard.
You retire your fine sword to your long scabbard.

A man with several missing teeth says, twisting his bronze sword clumsily
"Sure, got a blade hereh."
You say "I'll take 'em both."

> A man with several missing teeth blinks, pausing "Wha .."
You hold out your hands.

> A man with several missing teeth asks, stepping back "The blight yeh need them
for ? ."

You say, with uncanny candence, "Cutting things up."
You say "The knives I can -throw-."
You say "I'll find a use for 'em."
> A man with several missing teeth asks, eyeing you uncertainly "Yeh got blades
of yeh own 'for that, nae? Ah'll pay yeh a moon. Better coin outta it, then
them blades."
> A man with several missing teeth chortles, asking "Yeh. Like cuttin' me up,
yah? Yeh met this Lady Mara thin' ? ."
You say "A moon's n'a gonna' save me from tentacles, toothless. A'ight, fine."

You rub your iron nosering.

You open a brown satchel.
You reach to a brown satchel.
You take a hand crossbow.

You examine a hand crossbow.
This is a small iron crossbow, its span less than a half stride long.  It
appears to be in perfect condition.  It is being held in your right hand.  It
contains:
a wooden bolt

You gaze up into the sky.
The stars twinkle high up in the sky.  You see red Yuzla and blue Keror up
above as well.  

A man with several missing teeth says, shrugging "Ah thought nothin' 'round
here can defeat yeh. Figured yeh be a fella of courage, but look like all yeh
can do is go for 'em simple folk."
A man with several missing teeth steps back from you, throwing a glance at your
crossbow.
You sling your hand crossbow over your shoulder, "'ey, shuddap'. So I like t'be
prepared. I'll check t'damn lake out. Am I gonna' be able t'find 'ye ven I get
back?"

> A man with several missing teeth pauses, scratching at his nose thoughtfully
"Hrmh. ."
A man with several missing teeth mentions "Tell yah What. Ah come with yeh. But
ef things get a shadowy, Ah'm outta here. Someone needs to tell folk how yeh
die, Yah? ."
A man with several missing teeth adds, shrugging lightly "Any road, Ah'll be by
the tavern, how's that? ."
You stare at a man with several missing teeth for a while, then say, "A'ight."
> A man with several missing teeth nods to you  "Yeh choose. Yeh wantin' me with
yeh, or nae? ."
You swap your hand crossbow to your other hand.
You take a hand crossbow.

You hold out your right hand, "Danzelle Maleris."
> A man with several missing teeth pauses, blinking to you.
You say "I dun' care. If you run, toss me a knife before y'do."

A man with several missing teeth says, inclining his head "Narem. Seris be
tossing yeh name, 'n some other. Well met, Bandit Kin'."

You think: Bandit King... haven't been called that in a while.

A man with several missing teeth says, nodding idly "Yah, sure nough. Ef yeh
need 'em knives ."
A man with several missing teeth puts a bronze sword into a wicker backpack.
A man with several missing teeth reaches to a wicker backpack.
A man with several missing teeth takes a crude stone knife.


The wilderness

Obvious exits: nothing
It is dark here.
This is a wide, hard-packed dirt road, deeply rutted in places.  Scraggly grass
lines the track's edges, while a few feeble plants attempt to grow from its
scarred surface.  A faint smell of dust lingers in the air.  
This area is vast.  The air is eerily still.  
A used bandage is right next to you.
Narem is standing right next to you.
==================================================================

> Narem puts a metal dagger into a wicker backpack.
Narem reaches to a wicker backpack.
Narem takes a metal dagger.

> Narem puts a metal dagger into a wicker backpack.
Narem examines a wicker backpack.
You say without further ado, "Let's go."
> Narem reaches to a wicker backpack.
Narem takes a stone knife.
You ask "Try an' keep up,' a'ight?"
> Narem says "Don' worry 'bout that."

You begin to jog off to the east, brandishing a hand crossbow, in a swift,
focused charge.
Narem begins to jog off to the east, holding a stone knife and crude stone
knife.
> Narem asks, tilting his stone knife idly "Yeh want there? ."
You are now leading Narem.
You pause and wait for Narem.

   ::  TT  
   ##::TTTT==::  
   ##===*====::::
   ##==::::TTTT  
   ::==::::TT    
   TT==::::TT    
 ==
 
Narem jogs in from the west, wielding a stone knife and crude stone knife.
> You begin to jog off to the east, holding a hand crossbow, in a swift, focused
charge.
Narem begins to jog off to the east, wielding a stone knife and crude stone
You hold out your free hand.
Narem gives a stone knife to you.
You pause and wait for Narem.



 ::  TTTT  
 ##::TTTT==::::  
 ##=====*==::::TT
 ##==::::TTTTTT  
 ::==::::TT
   ==::::TT
 ==  

> Narem says "Ah got like eight of 'em or so."

You put a hand crossbow into a brown satchel.

You examine a belt pouch.
This is a rounded pouch of flexible leather, about two fingers across.  Its
wide flap hangs loose, allowing access to its contents; a simple bone button
dangles near its open mouth.  Leather straps across its back seem designed to
fit over a belt.  It appears to be in perfect condition.  It is fastened to a
sword belt.  It contains:
a bunch of shredded bark and a few unused bandages
 

 They enter the forest before too long...

 
   TTTTTT    
   TTT*TT    
   TT::TT    
   TTTTTT    

Narem murmurs quietly to you  "Careful of them trees. They talk 'round that
lake. ."
You ask "Yeah.. yeah? Oh yeah?"
You say, flashing a toothy grin at Narem,  "So do tigers."
Narem murmurs quietly "Think that boar ? Think it got a bit of it's will back,
'n just ram one of 'em trees with it's head. Made the tree go a cursin'."


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2007 20:30 #8276 by Shadowslay
Replied by Shadowslay on topic Re: The Lady of the Lake
::
   TT::::~~  
   TT~~~~~~  
   TTT*~~~~~~
   TTTT~~~~  
   ~~  

You begin to jog off to the southeast, wielding a hand crossbow, in a
concentrated hustle.
Narem begins to jog off to the southeast, holding a metal dagger and bronze
sword, limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.


You glance southeast.


A large body of water  (nothing)
It is very dark over there.

Narem murmurs quietly "Mm, yeah. Let's see. Mmm. ."

You ask "Can y's'vim?"
|| > Narem says "First Ah see them birds scurryin a ways was 'bout here."

You pause and wait for Narem.
You have approached the southeast and stop before leaving sight of the area.

Narem says "Ah'll make it to the other shore, yah."

You look at Narem.

You sit down.
|| > Narem looks at you.
Narem sits down.
You seat yourself on a tree stump, "A'ight, let's catch our breathes.. an'
ve'll s'vim across."
You put a hand crossbow into a brown satchel.
|| > Narem says "There be a small island in the middle of the lake."
You close a brown satchel.

You start drinking a clear liquid.
|| > You take a drink of a clear liquid.
You take a drink of a clear liquid.
Narem says "There's a cabin on 't, filled with all sorts a corpses."
You take a drink of a clear liquid.
You are interrupted.
You splash water over your face.

|| > Narem says "On the other shore, that's where I met this Hag."

You mumble to no one in particular.
You ask "Suppose you're goin' to tell me these corpses come alive a'night or
somethin' like that, huh?"
|| > Narem says, shaking his head "Neh. Just corpses. Figured it be a huntsman or
somethin."
Narem murmurs quietly "What yeh be watchin' for are animals, 'n the shadow
things. They slither 'round like snakes, or they crawl inside them beasts."
Narem says "Also watch for animals, they see somethin' Ah didn't. Once they go
a scurryin' away, the Hag is near."
Narem lies down.
Narem gazes up into the sky.

You pull down your leather hood and shake your dreads.
| > Narem gazes up into the sky.

You say "So I gotta' ask...."
| > Narem mentions, grimacing "Blight. Yuzla's alone. Bad omen ."
You ask "Vat's the reason for us comin' here?"

You gaze up into the sky.
The stars twinkle high up in the sky.  You see red Yuzla up above as well.  
You say "Ehhh..."

| > Narem mentions, shrugging idly "Ah dunno know. Figure she show up again 'n yeh
kill her. Or somethin ... ."
You hold up your hand, put your finger and thumb together, and 'flick' the
red crescent in the distance.

You ask "Kill her for vat, though, 'eh?"
You ask "She do anything all the vay out 'ere in no place?"

Narem says, shifting uncomfortably "Well. She'll probably try to eat yeh or
somethin'. Ah figure yeh'll just go at 'it, to save yeh life 'n such ."

> Narem smiles to you, licking the side of his teeth.
You leap to attention, "Vorks for me. Let's go."
You jump to your feet.
Narem stands up straight.

You dive into the lake.

You jog to the east.
Narem jogs to the east, brandishing a metal dagger and bronze sword, limping
heavilly, head battered and bruised.
> You start swimming.

::
 TT::::~~~~  
   ~~~~~~~~  
   TT~*~~~~~~
   TT~~~~~~  
   TT~~~~~~  
TT

Narem swims in from the west, wielding a metal dagger and bronze sword, limping
heavilly, head battered and bruised.
> You begin to swim off to the east.
Narem begins to swim off to the east, holding a metal dagger and bronze sword,
limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.
> Narem adds quickly "And who knows. She gots them sabers, nae ? Must be a real
prize, real odd strange ones."





tt
 ~~~~~~~~~~  
 ~~~~tt~~~~  
~~~~~~t*~~TT  
 ~~~~~~~~TT  
 ~~~~~~TTTT  
~~


||| > Narem jogs in from the west, limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.

You glance east.

A large body of water  (nothing)
It is very dark over there.

You begin to jog off to the east.
Narem begins to jog off to the east, limping heavilly, head battered and
bruised.

||| > Narem crawls over onto the shore, glancing around idly.
||| > You have approached the east and stop before leaving sight of the area.

You sniff.
The scent of sap and rotting leaves fills the air.

You take a cursory look around.

You take a smooth rock.

||| > Narem says, squinting into the distance "Don' think this is 'n island. This
it's just the other shore. Think the island is to the north? ."

You throw a smooth rock toward the west.

||| > An old raven with dark black feathers plummets in from the up.
An old raven with dark black feathers falls down, crashes through a few
branches and smashes into the ground.
An old raven with dark black feathers' head is crippled!
An old raven with dark black feathers's body goes limp.
An old raven with dark black feathers' left leg is ripped off!
An old raven with dark black feathers' right leg is crippled!

Narem says, squinting annoyedly "Cant feckkin' see a thing."

You gaze up into the sky.
The stars twinkle high up in the sky.  You see red Yuzla up above as well.  

You open a brown satchel.
You reach to a brown satchel.
You take a hand crossbow.

||| > Narem pauses, watching an old raven with dark black feathers hit the ground.
You level your crossbow with the sky, and say with defiant calm, "Looks like
ve're close."

You put a hand crossbow into a brown satchel.
||| > Manuevering behind you, Narem tilts his head, watching an old raven with dark
black feathers.

You begin to jog off to the north.
Narem begins to jog off to the north, limping heavilly, head battered and
bruised.
||| > Narem reaches to a wicker backpack.
Narem takes a bronze sword.
||| > Narem says, murmuring quietly "Careful of 'em shadows, they be eatin' the dead."
You calmly reply, "I'm n'a dead."





A large body of water

Obvious exits: nothing
It is very dark here.

You glance north.

Lightly wooded forest  (nothing)
It is very dark over there.
A buck with bay fur is to the northwest, walking slowly towards the south.
A buck with dark gray fur is standing very far to the northwest.
==================================================================

||| > A buck with bay fur starts swimming.
A buck with bay fur accidentally gulps some water.
A buck with bay fur slowly swims in from the north.

You look at a buck with bay fur.

A buck with dark gray fur frantically swims in from the north.
A buck with bay fur poses for take off.
||| > A buck with bay fur accidentally gulps some water.
A buck with dark gray fur begins to frantically swim off to the south.

||| > Narem exclaims "Err, they're running away from there!"
You belt out, "Then let's go to it!"



Lightly wooded forest

Obvious exits: nothing
It is very dark here.
Darkness shrouds the forest, turning leaves and narrow tree trunks alike to
black.  The night sky is visible through the tangled branches, shedding dappled
patterns of half-light across the forest floor.  The shadowy shapes of fallen
branches and leaves lie all around.  
This area is vast.  The air is eerily still.  
Narem is standing right next to you.
==================================================================

Narem mumbles something, tilting his head from side to side.

||| > A wolf with thin black fur sprints in from the west.
A wolf with thin black fur begins to sprint off to the east.

You start crouching with bent knees.
You are crouching with bent knees.

Narem sits down.


A wolf with thin black fur goes out of sight to the east.

You glance east.


A large body of water  (nothing)
It is very dark over there.
A wolf with thin black fur is to the northeast, swimming frantically towards
the east.
==================================================================

Narem reaches to a wicker backpack.
Narem takes a bronze sword.

Narem reaches to a wicker backpack.
Narem takes a metal dagger.

You take a slow, deep breath.

You glance northeast.


Lightly wooded forest  (nothing)
It is very dark over there.
A dark brown shelf fungus is to the northeast.
A wood cabin has been lightly scorches, as if touched by an external fire.
==================================================================

You reach to a brown satchel.
You take a hand crossbow.
You start watching northeast.
||| > Narem murmurs quietly "Look at that Cabin. that fungus, looks fresh."
You say "Narem...."
||| > Narem starts watching northeast.
You ask in a scratchy tone, "You vanna' live? If y'vere to die today, vat vould
y'vish y'had done?"
||| > Narem scratches at his head thoughtfully "Picked a better mercenary ?"
You think: Good answer.
||| > Narem murmurs "Yeh goin 'n yehself? Ef yeh think Ah should stay by. Yeh may be
right, yah."

A fresh deer corpse comes flying in from the south.
Narem stops watching northeast.
Narem stands up straight.

You glance north.


Heavily wooded forest  (nothing)
It is very dark over there.

You say at last, "Good enough answer.'.
||| > Narem speaks quietly "That came ... from where we were."
A fresh deer corpse falls in from above.
A fresh deer corpse plummets downwards.
You point with your thumb, "And that came from the sky. I get it."
You say "Ve're bein' -screwed- vit."
Narem says, glancing to you  "Tell yeh what. From there 'n. Ah'll stay bah
side. Ef things go bad, Ah'm outta here, but no feckin' dependin' on meh, yah."

You begin to jog off to the northeast, brandishing a hand crossbow, approaching
cautiously but decisively.
Narem begins to jog off to the northeast, brandishing a metal dagger and bronze
sword, limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.
You change your pace to a walk.
||| > Narem mentions, gesturing at the cabin "We go over there, whoever this Hag is,
could only come through the door."
You pause and wait for Narem.

 
 ~~~~tt~~~~  
   ~~tt~~~~  
   TTt*~~~~TT
   tt~~~~~~  
 ~~~~~~~~~~  
~~
A dark brown shelf fungus is right next to you.
A wood cabin has been lightly scorches, as if touched by an external fire.
==================================================================

Narem jogs in from the southwest, wielding a metal dagger and bronze sword,
limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.
You stop travelling as you approach the waters.

||| > Narem examines a wood cabin.
You examine a wood cabin.
This is a small wood cabin made of wooden logs.  The cracks between the trees
are sealed with a mixture of dried sap.  The roof is triangular and steeply
sloped, and the only opening is a large doorway.  
This area is extremely large with an extremely high ceiling.  
A fallen yew tree is some ways off in the distance.
==================================================================

You glance north.


Lightly wooded forest  (nothing)
It is very dark over there.
A partially completed stone cottage is very far to the northeast.
==================================================================

Narem murmurs quietly "There be another cabin further north."
You say "Dun' count on that, N'. I've seen things come outta' the ground."
You begin to slowly walk off to the north, brandishing a hand crossbow,
approaching cautiously but decisively.
Narem begins to jog off to the north, holding a metal dagger and bronze sword,
limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.
Narem mentions, nodding eagerly "Oh yah, yah. One of 'em snakes, sprang right
from the ground once."
You pause and wait for Narem.

tt
 ~~~~~~~~~~  
 ~~~~tt~~~~  
~~~~~~t*~~~~TT
 ~~TTtt~~~~  
   tt~~~~~~  
~~
A partially completed stone cottage is to the northeast.
==================================================================

Narem jogs in from the south, brandishing a metal dagger and bronze sword,
limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.
||| > You begin to slowly walk off to the north, wielding a hand crossbow,
approaching cautiously but decisively.
Narem begins to jog off to the north, wielding a metal dagger and bronze sword,
limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.
Narem glances southeast, watching the wolf's receding figure.
You pause and wait for Narem.

tt
 ~~~~tttt~~  
 ~~~~~~~~~~  
~~~~~~t*~~~~~~
 ~~~~tt~~~~  
 ~~TTtt~~~~  
 
A wood cabin is to the northeast.
==================================================================

Narem jogs in from the south, holding a metal dagger and bronze sword, limping
heavilly, head battered and bruised.
You stop travelling as you approach the waters.
||| > Narem examines a wood cabin.

You say, and not that arrogantly, "Snakes vit claws an' big heads, yeah. I've been
around some, Narem.... y'could n'a have picked a better merc, all things
considered."

You examine a wood cabin.
This is a small wood cabin made of wooden logs.  The cracks between the trees
are sealed with a mixture of dried sap.  The roof is triangular and steeply
sloped, and the only opening is a large doorway.  
This area is extremely large with an extremely high ceiling.  
A woman with lively green eyes is standing some ways off in the distance.
Two wooden torches are some ways off in the distance.
A walking stick is some ways off in the distance.
A clay mug is some ways off in the distance.
A woven grip is some ways off in the distance.
A leather canteen is some ways off in the distance.
A round table top is some ways off in the distance.
==================================================================

Narem murmurs quietly "Nae. Just shadow lookin like a snake, no claws, no
heads, just shadow."

Narem gasps, crouching down suddenly, peering at a wood cabin.
You say "Even better. Just add black tentacles, and you're done."
You begin to slowly walk off to a wood cabin, brandishing a hand crossbow,
approaching cautiously but decisively.
Narem begins to jog off to a wood cabin, wielding a metal dagger and bronze
sword, limping heavilly, head battered and bruised.
||| > Narem whispers, "quietly!", to you.
Narem stops moving.
You stop moving.
||| > Narem is interrupted.

You examine a wood cabin.
This is a small wood cabin made of wooden logs.  The cracks between the trees
are sealed with a mixture of dried sap.  The roof is triangular and steeply
sloped, and the only opening is a large doorway.  
This area is extremely large with an extremely high ceiling.  
Two wooden torches are some ways off in the distance.
A walking stick is some ways off in the distance.
A clay mug is some ways off in the distance.
A woven grip is some ways off in the distance.
A leather canteen is some ways off in the distance.
A round table top is some ways off in the distance.
==================================================================

Narem stops following.
You say "Ach, Narem, she -knows- ve're here."

You begin planning your sneaking process.
||| > You look yourself over for any unsecured items.
You look yourself over for any unsecured items.
You decide the time is right and you make your departure.

You catch a glimpse of someone sneaking towards a wood cabin.

||| > An ooze with a velvet black color advances on someone!
You move to protect someone.

An ooze with a velvet black color sneaks past your defenses and barely splashes
your right leg with its tentacle!

You drop a hand crossbow.

You draw a fine sword from your long scabbard.
||| > You draw a blackened draite shortsword from your short scabbard.

You luckily dodge under an ooze with a velvet black color's tentacle.

Narem's movements reveal his position and he is no longer hidden.
Narem gasps, stumbling back.

An ooze with a velvet black color starts a fight with Narem!
You move to protect Narem.

You tilt your body at an angle, your eyes glazing over as you go into a
trance-like, focused state.

You turn to fight an ooze with a velvet black color!

[COMBAT]


You hit an ooze with a velvet black color, who is unconscious, with your fine
sword.
An ooze with a velvet black color's body is destroyed.
An ooze with a velvet black color dies right before your eyes.

Narem pants heavilly, eyes widened.

Your eyes scour your surroundings in one meticulous sweep.


A wood cabin

Obvious exits: out
It is nearly pitch black here.
This is a small wood cabin made of wooden logs.  The cracks between the trees
are sealed with a mixture of dried sap.  The roof is triangular and steeply
sloped, and the only opening is a large doorway.  
This area is extremely large with an extremely high ceiling.  
A fresh ooze corpse is right next to you.
A hand crossbow is right next to you.
Narem is standing right next to you.
A wooden torch is nearby to the northwest.
A walking stick is nearby to the southwest.
A wooden torch is close by to the northwest.
A clay mug is nearby to the northeast.
A woven grip is nearby to the southwest.
A leather canteen is nearby to the northeast.
A round table top is nearby to the southwest.
==================================================================

||| > Narem asks, glancing around "Where's the blighted hag?"


You glance out.


Lightly wooded forest  (nothing)
It is very dark over there.
A wood cabin is some ways off in the distance.
==================================================================

You say "Vatch the cabin."
You say "Scream if something happens."
||| > Narem starts watching out.
You slowly walk to the out, wielding a blackened draite shortsword and fine
sword, approaching cautiously but decisively.


tt
 ~~~~tttt~~  
 ~~~~~~~~~~  
~~~~~~t*~~~~~~
 ~~~~tt~~~~  
 ~~TTtt~~~~  
 
A wood cabin is right next to you.
==================================================================

You press two fingers to your mouth and whistle twice.

The lightly wooded forest says in an unfamiliar tongue, "Tu us'agh`oku pauxoxi."
cooldraw
You think: Narem -better- be just hiding.
||| > The lightly wooded forest asks "Why do you try to disturb my rest?"

You say, with candid honesty, "It started out as a job and an intrigue."

The lightly wooded forest says "Leave here, you have had your fun."

You tap your longsword with the other blade.

You ask ".. Oh, you're just gonna' let us -go-?"
The lightly wooded forest asks "Why would I need you?"

A wolf with patchy black fur materializes from the shadows.

You look at a wolf with patchy black fur.
A wolf with patchy black fur sits down.

You stare meticulously at a wolf with patchy black fur, analyzing its stance,
and the distance between.

You say "A'ight. Ve'll take our leave. Both of us."
||| > A wolf with patchy black fur says "Good. Do not come back."

You belt out, "Narem?"

You say "Actually.."
You say "I do gotta' question."
||| > Someone flicks his ears back and yawns.
You turn from the cabin to a wolf with patchy black fur.
You ask "Vhy'd y'save me, Lady Mara?"
||| > A wolf with patchy black fur asks "Save you?"
A wolf with patchy black fur sniffs the ground.
A wolf with patchy black fur says "You merely spared me the trouble of taking
down that bear myself."

Keror rises at first half-moon in the west.

A wolf with patchy black fur pants.

You shrug your shoulders, "A'ight, I'll accept that. Means I dun' got any debt
t'ye. So vat do you do out here, all by y'self?"
|| > A wolf with patchy black fur exclaims "I -rest-! Or I try to, if you and that
other man and that aquaepura would leave me to it!"

You slowly walk to a wood cabin, brandishing a blackened draite shortsword and
fine sword, approaching cautiously but decisively.


A wood cabin

Obvious exits: out
It is very dark here.
This is a small wood cabin made of wooden logs.  The cracks between the trees
are sealed with a mixture of dried sap.  The roof is triangular and steeply
sloped, and the only opening is a large doorway.  
This area is extremely large with an extremely high ceiling.  
A fresh ooze corpse is right next to you.
A hand crossbow is right next to you.
A wooden torch is nearby to the northwest.
A walking stick is nearby to the southwest.
A wooden torch is close by to the northwest.
A clay mug is nearby to the northeast.
A woven grip is nearby to the southwest.
A leather canteen is nearby to the northeast.
A round table top is nearby to the southwest.
==================================================================

You retire your blackened draite shortsword to your short scabbard.

You tap the side of the wall with your fine sword's hilt.

Narem's movements reveal his position and he is no longer hidden.
Narem lunges at you suddenly, sliding his bronze sword at your head.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2007 20:57 #8277 by Shadowslay
Replied by Shadowslay on topic Re: The Lady of the Lake
Narem lunges at you suddenly, sliding his bronze sword at your head.

|| > Narem pauses, stepping back.

You duck abruptly, turning into a roll.

You roll over, tumbling sideways along the ground.

Narem murmurs, lowering his bronze sword  "Oh. It's you."

You retire your fine sword to your long scabbard.
You take a hand crossbow.

You raise your hand crossbow towards Narem.

You lower your hand crossbow.

Narem speaks quickly, lowering his weapons "Relax, relax. It's me!"
Narem opens his mouth pointedly.
Narem mentions "See, no smoke, mah eyes aren' black. Nothin' crawled up onto
meh."

You grunt, with expressed aggravation, "-Vat vere y'going to do!?- Cut me
apart? Aaach."
You think: Rat bastard!

Narem says, shrugging lightly "Neh. Just ... cut the head off, yeh know. ."
Narem stops watching out.

You say "Vit that... practice blade."
You murmur under your breath.

|| > Narem glances at his bronze sword, murmuring "Mmm."
You say "Damn it, at least get a -real- veapon to try and kill someone vit."

|| > A wolf with patchy black fur walks in from the out.
Narem glancing out through the entrance "What that wolf is ou..t theeere."
A wolf with patchy black fur says "I changed my mind."
Narem blinks, watching a wolf with patchy black fur.
You look at a wolf with patchy black fur.
A wolf with patchy black fur says "I have use for you, after all."
A wolf with patchy black fur sits down.

Hiding your confusion, you glance from a wolf with patchy black fur to Narem
and back.

Narem mentions, glancing to you  "It crawl up his maw?"

You tentatively aim at a wolf with patchy black fur.

A wolf with patchy black fur says "I can give you anything you desire. Money.
Women. Power."
A wolf with patchy black fur says "Just kill that damned aquaepura that has
been bothering me."

You think: No, I don't think that's going to happen...

You nudge Narem with the side of your boot, "Vattaya' think?"

|| > Narem says idly "Ah could use a Woman ."

You ask "Y'villin' to kill a purae for one?"

Narem clears his throat "Err, I mean ... how could we trust you! who are
you? What Aqua?"

You smirk, making a rasp, drawn-out noise.
You look at a wolf with patchy black fur.


A wood cabin

Obvious exits: out
It is very dark here.
This is a small wood cabin made of wooden logs.  The cracks between the trees
are sealed with a mixture of dried sap.  The roof is triangular and steeply
sloped, and the only opening is a large doorway.  
This area is extremely large with an extremely high ceiling.  
A wolf with patchy black fur is sitting down right next to you.
A fresh ooze corpse is right next to you.
Narem is sitting down right next to you.
A wooden torch is nearby to the northwest.
A walking stick is nearby to the southwest.
A wooden torch is close by to the northwest.
A clay mug is nearby to the northeast.
A woven grip is nearby to the southwest.
A leather canteen is nearby to the northeast.
A round table top is nearby to the southwest.
==================================================================


|| > A wolf with patchy black fur sighs lengthily.
Narem glances at you uncertainly, looking down.
Narem says finally "Don' really have a problem with 't. ."
You pat Narem reassuringly.
You say "That's great."
You say to Narem specifically, "Go get 'em."
You casually walk out.

You slowly walk to the out, wielding a hand crossbow, approaching cautiously
but decisively.



(Moments later....)



Lightly wooded forest

Obvious exits: nothing
It is dark here.
Darkness shrouds the forest, turning leaves and narrow tree trunks alike to
black.  The night sky is visible through the tangled branches, shedding dappled
patterns of half-light across the forest floor.  The shadowy shapes of fallen
branches and leaves lie all around.  
This area is vast.  
A wood cabin is to the north.
==================================================================

|| > You study the shadows around you.
You attempt to drop out of sight.

You begin planning your sneaking process.
|| > You study the shadows around you.
You look yourself over for any unsecured items.
You decide the time is right and you make your departure.


A wood cabin

Obvious exits: out
It is very dark here.
This is a small wood cabin made of wooden logs.  The cracks between the trees
are sealed with a mixture of dried sap.  The roof is triangular and steeply
sloped, and the only opening is a large doorway.  
This area is extremely large with an extremely high ceiling.  
A wolf with patchy black fur is sitting down right next to you.
A fresh ooze corpse is right next to you.
Narem is sitting down right next to you.
A wooden torch is nearby to the northwest.
A walking stick is nearby to the southwest.
A wooden torch is close by to the northwest.
A clay mug is nearby to the northeast.
A woven grip is nearby to the southwest.
A leather canteen is nearby to the northeast.
A round table top is nearby to the southwest.
==================================================================

|| > Narem says, nodding eagerly "Yea, sure 'nough. He's a real good one, spirited."

A wolf with patchy black fur looks at Narem.

Narem glances past a wolf with patchy black fur, averting his eyes quickly.

Your movements reveal your position and you are no longer hidden.
You emerge behind a wolf with patchy black fur with the sound of a metallic
click.

Narem says quickly "How 'bout we both go away 'live eh? We'll take care of that
aqua yeh mention 'bout."

You draw a curved draite dagger from your leather boot.

Narem mentions, gesturing idly "Yeh be go ... or not."

You warn, "I can shoot one handed."

You twirl your curved draite dagger by your fingers with a few strokes.

Narem murmurs quickly "Careful, the thing's inside the wolf. Yeh kill it, it'll
eat its way out."
You feign a frown, "Oh, so vat you're saying' is killin' this volf dun' do
anythin' but piss the old hag off."
Narem mentions, shrugging "Didn' help any with that boar."

Narem asks, glancing over to a wolf with patchy black fur  "So. Who's that aqua
yeh mention? Maybe we could help you."
A wolf with patchy black fur says "Yes."
Narem says, raising his hand quickly "Just hear 't out, Da ..., just hear 't
out, fella. ."

You don't budge or flinch.
A wolf with patchy black fur says "He has eyes like green glass, and gray skin
with blue blood running though it."
You say expressionlessly, "A'ight."
| > Narem nods, inclining his head "Right, alright. How is he bothering yeh? Does
he come here? ."
A wolf with patchy black fur says "Yes."
Narem asks, tilting his curiously "He be a witch 'swell  ? Able to bother yeh
like so 'n all ? ."
A wolf with patchy black fur flattens his ears against his head.
Narem says, sliding his palms together "We'll need to find him 'aye, 'n be
ready to take care of 'im quick. Need to know as much 'bout him as possible."
Narem shifts his weight uncomfortably, glancing between a wolf with patchy
black fur and you.
You say, altering the angle of your hand crossbow,  "Vat if ve just get 'em to
leave y'alone?"

Narem says, sucking onto his rotten tooth "Ah'm sure we can get 'im, one way or
the other. He be livin' nearby here then? ."
You apply force from your plated fingers on your hand crossbow, making a faint
crushing sound against the wood.

A wolf with patchy black fur snorts.
A wolf with patchy black fur says "Just kill him. His soul is as black as the
shadow creatures."
Narem blinks puzzledly, glancing between you and a wolf with patchy black fur.
Narem asks, tilting his head puzzledly "Arent yeh ... the shadow creature? ."
You tilt your head from side to side, "I'll figure that out ven I find 'em."
A wolf with patchy black fur sighs.
A wolf with patchy black fur says "Stupid humans."
Narem murmurs, raising his palm "Ho, ef yeh dont want to tell, little thing.
We'll take care of that Aqua. He be nearby then? ."

A wolf with patchy black fur says "There are many things you do not understand.
It is best for you to make them all into one, I guess."
A wolf with patchy black fur says "He hangs around like a stench with that
black blood."
A wolf with patchy black fur says "I can feel it soak into the ground, poison
my beautiful lake."

You say mockingly, twisting your lips, "Stupid humans. Raaah. You're all so
-stoopid-. You so -dumb.- So young and naive. Do as I say. Clean my boots,
'cause you're -stupid- and you dun' understand. I'm so great, fools. Raah, raah,
raah."

You slam your boot on the ground.
> A wolf with patchy black fur says "Kill him, drain the ichor from his blood,
and bring me his head."
A wolf with patchy black fur looks up at you.
Narem murmurs, placing you  "Easy, friend. We be in a middle of a lake. Dont
stomp so hard, the isle may drown."

A wolf with patchy black fur says "I can not save you from it."
A wolf with patchy black fur says "But I can give you the power to resist it
for longer."
Narem asks, glancing over to a wolf with patchy black fur  "Are you Lady Mara
gal? This be ... yeh lake ? ."
A wolf with patchy black fur says "I am Lady Mara."

You say impetuously, "Vat if I think y'full o' goblinturd, and just sayin' vat
y'vant to be sayin' to get us to do y'dirty vork?"
> A wolf with patchy black fur says "I do not care what you think."

Narem drops his head, groaning softly.
A wolf with patchy black fur says "Either you leave here and become a
sacrifice, or you leave here and become useful."
You grit your teeth, straightening your form, "Vrong answer, y'flamin' -whoore.-"
> Clasping you shoulder slightly, Narem tilts his head towards your ear.

Narem whispers, "Let's ask these things when we're outta here, yah?", to you.
You take a slow, deep breath.

Narem peers at you pointedly, letting the shoulder go.
Narem says "Don't worry, don' worry. We'll do it, Lady Mara. Just poin' us the
way. Ef yeh got anythin' to tell us to help us with this Aqua fella, it'd be
good."
Narem shrugs, clasping his palms together "Nothin' wrong with keepin' yeh lake
pure, far as Ah see it. ."
You say, very slowly, "I'm sick of it. I'm sick of bein' a pawn. Sick of bein'
screwed vit by big and arrogant bastards vit shadowy magicks. Sick of gettin'
used, tortured, admonished..."
You click your tongue, baring your teeth.

> Narem exhales softly, sliding a stride away from you.
You say "I vanna' kill 'em. Kill 'em all. Y'all, y'vorse than the criminals I
send t'judgment. You're -beyond- judgment, pure, absolute blackness...."
Narem murmurs to you, glancing over "So let's kill that Aqua for once, he be
one of 'em blackness, nae? ."

You retire your curved draite dagger to your leather boot.
You clutch your hand crossbow with both hands, "Vere can ve find this fish?"
> A wolf with patchy black fur looks at you.
A wolf with patchy black fur frowns thoughtfully.
A wolf with patchy black fur asks "You've met it, haven't you?"
You say "Refresh m'thoughts."
> A wolf with patchy black fur asks "It. The keeper of the shadows. You've met
it?"
A wolf with patchy black fur narrows his eyes.
> A wolf with patchy black fur asks "How are you still alive?"
A wolf with patchy black fur asks "What did you promise it?"

You think: What? That was him?
You think: No! It's a trick.

A wolf with patchy black fur asks "How is your soul still here?"

You think: What did I promise it?

You murmur, barely audible, "To kill monsters like 'ye. How'm I still 'ere?
I'm just good."
A wolf with patchy black fur snorts.

A horse with black fur runs in from the out.

Narem glances from you to a wolf with patchy black fur and back.
Narem looks at a horse with black fur.

A horse with black fur rears up on its hindlegs!
You look at a horse with black fur.
A horse with black fur whinnies loudly at a wolf with patchy black fur!
Narem blinks, looking over to a horse with black fur.
You look around quickly.

You leap onto a horse with black fur's back.
You sit down on a horse with black fur.

> Narem murmurs, stepping back "The blight?"
A horse with black fur slams its front hooves down onto the ground.

A horse with black fur breathes a snort of flames from its nostrils.
A horse with black fur looks at you.
You press your feet against a horse with black fur, fighting to stay on.
You think: One moon of a ride! Come to help me?
> A wolf with patchy black fur looks at a horse with black fur.
A wolf with patchy black fur says "You."
A horse with black fur snorts at a wolf with patchy black fur.

Narem exclaims in suprise, watching a horse with black fur  "Blight. Danz, yeh
a damned witch yehself."
Narem looks at a horse with black fur.

A horse with black fur turns quickly and kicks its hooves at a wolf with patchy
black fur.
A horse with black fur runs to the out.

A horse with black fur goes out of sight to the out.
You ride out on a horse with black fur.


TT~~  
TT~~  
TT~~  
   TTTT~~~~
   TT::~~~~
   TT::~~~~
::~~~~~~ttttTTTTTT
   TTTT~~~~~~tttt~~~~  
   TT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTT
   TT~~~~~~~~t*~~~~~~TT
   ::~~~~~~~~tt~~~~TTTT
tt::::~~~~~~TTtt~~~~TT  
   TTTT::::~~~~  ~~TT  
TT::::~~    ~~TT  
TT~~~~  TT  
TTTT    tt  




Lightly wooded forest (on a horse with black fur)

Obvious exits: nothing
It is well lit here.
Small trees grow all around here, their narrow trunks shedding crooked bars of
shade across the leaf-strewn forest floor.  Clouds of leaves stand out darkly
against the sky overhead, blending into a gray-green haze in the distance.
Fallen branches lie strewn about, tangled with low shrubbery and weeds.  A few
broken stumps jut up from the ground.  
This area is vast.  A light westerly breeze blows by.  
A wood cabin is right next to you.
On a horse with black fur:  You are sitting here.  
==================================================================

A horse with black fur rears up!
You whisper to a horse with black fur: Should I kill it?.

You think: Why am I asking -him-?

> A horse with black fur sprouts a pair of glowing white wings.
A horse with black fur begins to fly.

A horse with black fur begins to quickly fly off to the up.
A horse with black fur goes out of sight to the up.
You ride out on a horse with black fur.

 ~~  
TT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT
 TTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT::::  
TTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
   TTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT    
   TTTTTTTT::~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT    
 TTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~ttTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~  
 TTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~ttttTTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~  
 TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~tttt~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~~~t*~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT
 TTTTtttt::~~~~~~~~tt~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTtttt::::~~~~~~TTtt~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTT::::~~~~tttt~~~~~~TTttttTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTT::::~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTTttTTttTTTT  
   TTTT~~~~~~~~~~tt~~~~~~TTTTTTTTttTT    
   TTTTTT~~~~~~~~tt~~TT~~ttTTTTTTTTTT    
TTTT~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTTttTTTTTTTT
 TT~~~~~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
~~~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT
 TT  
On a horse with black fur:  You are sitting here.  
==================================================================


The sky (on a horse with black fur)

Obvious exits: nothing
It is well lit here.
The dark void of the sky stretches out in all directions.  Pale light reflects
off of the occasional wisps of cloud.  Far below, shadows spread across the
ground.  
This area is vast.  A light westerly breeze blows by.  
On a horse with black fur:  You are sitting here.  
==================================================================

You put a hand crossbow into a brown satchel.
> A horse with black fur begins to quickly fly off to the up.
You close a brown satchel.

> A horse with black fur snorts.
You think: Hoo boy..

You clutch a horse with black fur with both hands.


The world begins to blur around you.


A horse with black fur flies with surreal speed to the northwest.
A horse with black fur goes out of sight to the northwest.
You ride out on a horse with black fur.

 ~~  
TTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTT
 TTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT~~  
TTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT::::
   TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT    
   TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT    
 ::TTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~ttTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~ttttTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~tttt~~~~TTTTTTTTTT  
TTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~~*~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT
 TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~~~tt~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTtttt::~~~~~~~~tt~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTtttt::::~~~~~~TTtt~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTT::::~~~~tttt~~~~~~TTttttTTTTTT  
   TTTTTT::::~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTTttTTtt    
   TTTTTT~~~~~~~~~~tt~~~~~~TTTTTTTTtt    
TTTTTT~~~~~~~~tt~~TT~~ttTTTTTT
 TTTT~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTTttTTTT  
~~~~~~~~~~TTTTTTTT
 ~~  
On a horse with black fur:  You are sitting here.  
==================================================================

A horse with black fur flies with surreal speed to the northwest.
A horse with black fur goes out of sight to the northwest.

 ~~  
TTTTTTTT~~~~TTTTTT
 TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTT~~  
TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT~~
   ~~TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT::::    
   ~~TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT    
 TT~~TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TT::TTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~ttTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~ttttTTTTTTTTTTTT  
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~*~~tttt~~~~TTTTTTTTTT
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~~~tt~~~~~~TTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTtttt::~~~~~~~~tt~~~~TTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTtttt::::~~~~~~TTtt~~~~TTTTTTTTTT  
   TTTTTTTT::::~~~~tttt~~~~~~TTttttTT    
   TTTTTTTT::::~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTTttTT    
TTTTTT~~~~~~~~~~tt~~~~~~TTTTTT
 TTTTTT~~~~~~~~tt~~TT~~ttTT  
TT~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTT
 ~~  
On a horse with black fur:  You are sitting here.  
==================================================================

A horse with black fur flies with surreal speed to the northwest.

 TT  
TTTTTTTTTT~~::TTTT
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~TTTTTTTT  
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTT~~
   TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT~~    
   TT~~TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTT::    
 TTTT~~TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 ::TT~~TTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTT::TTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~TTTTTTTTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT::~~~~~~ttTTTTTTTTTTTT  
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT::~*~~~~ttttTTTTTTTTTTTT
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~tttt~~~~TTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT~~~~~~~~tt~~~~~~TTTTTT  
 TTTTTTTTTTtttt::~~~~~~~~tt~~~~TTTTTTTT  
   TTTTTTtttt::::~~~~~~TTtt~~~~TTTTTT    
   TTTTTTTTTT::::~~~~tttt~~~~~~TTtttt    
TTTTTTTT::::~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTTT
 TTTTTT~~~~~~~~~~tt~~~~~~TT  
TTTT~~~~~~~~tt~~TT
 ~~  
On a horse with black fur:  You are sitting here.  
==================================================================


You release a loud, drawn-out scream.

(Fade-Out Scene....)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2007 01:02 #8278 by Ritor
Replied by Ritor on topic Re: The Lady of the Lake
God, reading this log, I just now realize just how goblinesque my character was. I really should stop emoting same things all the time, and I 'really' should slow down. I can partially explain this with a certain mixture Narem's been taking. All twitchy and blubbery and all, but ... that WAS unintentional :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2007 11:23 #8279 by Musica
Replied by Musica on topic Re: The Lady of the Lake
Sweet.... (writes down the log name for use later)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds