Commands you may not know about

More
15 Jul 2004 10:53 #7846 by Jayess
Here are a couple of useful command that are not explained in the help system.

Leave - When your character is resting on a piece of furniture, typing <stand> will cause you to stand up on the furniture - looking clumsy and uncouth. Instead, try typing <leave>, which will cause your character to gracefully get off the furniture and stand beside it. <Get off object> does the same thing, as long as you specify the name of the furniture that your character happens to be occupying.

Unname - Have you used the <name> command to name someone or something incorrectly? You can use the <unname> command to get back to their short description. If you mistakenly type <name man as Bob>, typing <unname Bob> will allow you to again see them by their short description. <Unnickname> does the same thing.

Put down - No, this command doesn't allow you to insult someone. When your character is holding an object, type <put down object> to set the object down on the ground. This can add a touch of elegance to your roleplay. Instead of dropping its glass bottle, your character can gently set it down. <Set down> is an equivalent command.

Throw up - Many vile things are to be found on Terrinor. Your character may be tempted, through gullibility or sheer insanity, to eat or drink some of them. With the <throw up> command, you can empty your stomach (or equivalent digestive organ) and perhaps live another day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2004 15:23 #7847 by Crimson
Here's one that gets overlooked a lot: dim. "Extinguish" isn't the easiest thing to type in a hurry, and sure, you can use "put out", but "dim" is just those three letters. I know several people aliased "ext" without realizing there was no real need.

More
15 Jul 2004 16:11 #7848 by Kuzman
In light of the perennial complaints/suggestions, "stand" has been changed such that your character will only stand on something if you explicitly command them to. I.e. "stand" will now have the same effect as "leave" if you are already using a piece of furniture.

- K

More
03 Nov 2004 14:09 #7849 by Rastamon
Mobilize is a neat command that forces you into the best posture for your current environment.

More
02 May 2005 16:05 #7850 by sousily
phealth - for picture health.

More
08 May 2005 18:22 #7851 by Sirius
gather <herb name> - For gathering a specific herb.

follow road <dir> - Will allow you to basically 'travel on' on a road and will stop you at the end of the road or at a crossroad.

hold <object> in <right hand/left hand> - For those who like to use handedness, you can specify which hand you hold something in..

glance <person> - To see what someone's description is without out and out looking at them.

who <on/off> - To change your presence on who, on or off. (Creators always know who's on.)

Also, now that I think of it.

rpprofile - Check it out. :)

More
10 May 2005 20:54 #7852 by YoKu
Everyone have seem to forgot the good ole apropos command. This helpful command can help you find help files with ease

apropos i]topic[/i

More
11 May 2005 09:58 #7853 by Jayess
Catchup <boardname> - allows you to get rid of that pesky "with new messages" tag that lets you know that you have unread messages on a bulletin board.

Reckon time - try it out and see.

Craft <item name> for <nickname> - Lets you craft something for another character who's in the room with you. Now you can make a wearable that will fit someone who isn't your size. Read news 94 for details.

News last - displays a list of past news items. Maybe there's something there that will be new to you.

More
12 May 2005 13:59 #7854 by Esponer

gather <herb name> - For gathering a specific herb.

follow road <dir> - Will allow you to basically 'travel on' on a road and will stop you at the end of the road or at a crossroad.

hold <object> in <right hand/left hand> - For those who like to use handedness, you can specify which hand you hold something in..

glance <person> - To see what someone's description is without out and out looking at them.

who <on/off> - To change your presence on who, on or off. (Creators always know who's on.)

Also, now that I think of it.

rpprofile - Check it out. :)

I hope you're not homophobic, because I might just glomp you for some of those. Thank you!

Follow road is the best ever. Bye bye roadside bears, I'm moving up in the world now!

More
15 May 2005 12:26 #7855 by ignatius
homophobia has what to do with commands people may not know about, or sirius, or some combination therein?

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds