Mailer may be broken again

More
06 Jun 2007 02:43 #7697 by themoth
Hi, I'm new here just so you all know. I tried to create an account about 6 hours ago, but I wasn't able to receive the email with my password. After waiting for about an hour and a half I remade the account with a different email with gmail instead of hotmail, but this did not work either. About a half hour ago I tried having my password resent but that didn't do it either. I really wanna start playing :-/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2007 06:44 #7698 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Re: Mailer may be broken again
The mailer is sending out addresses in a way that gets flagged as spam right now.

Unfortunately I don't have time to fix it at this point, I can have some time in about 3 months.

I have asked for help from the person that tinkered with the mailer last time, Meldh, and over chat, but there is no response, so it'll have to wait.

Sorry, but rl needs to be a priority right now. I'd really appreciate the help on this if anyone can though! I've done enough to support the community lately with server purchase and setup.

It's time for some other leader type folks to step up to the plate and handle things.

Xotl

More
17 Jun 2007 21:00 #7699 by samuraipoet
I've got the same problem. I'm trying to log on for the first time, and I  can't get a password mailed to me. I'm on a gmail account

More
18 Jun 2007 07:20 #7700 by Devon Mullane
I apologize samuraipoet, but I'm not sure exactly what can be done at this time. I would ask if you have AOL mail? Because that seems to be one that doesn't recieve the passwords correctly. There have been some who have been able to join successfully but I admit I don't know what mail they use. If you are having difficulties I would propose you perhaps try another email account. It is not a good solution by any means, and for that I cannot give a better answer and apologize. We do want new players, but often we have had more hurdles from a steep learning curve, mailer issues to playerbase problems. If there is no solution to be had at this time I strongly encourage you to try back at a later date as we would love to have you.

Cheers,

Dragon_Idea

More
20 Jun 2007 03:08 #7701 by Cobain
The password mailer should be fixed now. Cheers!

More
20 Jun 2007 05:26 #7702 by Shadowslay
Hurrah! Victory for... Sweden!

More
20 Jun 2007 05:47 #7703 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Re: Mailer may be broken again
Yep, thanks to Lathander for fixing!

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds