Your favorite things

More
15 Sep 2007 19:24 #1971 by Alluthia
Share your favorite things about AL here.

Mine is the size of the wilderness and the prospect of undiscovered things out there. And also making fires. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2007 20:01 #1972 by Aesuna
Replied by Aesuna on topic Re: Your favorite things
I could write a novel about this.

One of my most favorite things, though, is the amount of depth every area has. I always feel like I could be missing something, some secret area or hidden tunnel, some surprise hidden away. I never get that whole 'been there, done that' feeling when I've explored an area, because it always feels like each time I go back I discover something new.

More
16 Sep 2007 02:07 #1973 by Blakat
Replied by Blakat on topic Re: Your favorite things
Yeah, I could go on and on too.

The thing I like most is those interactions with players 'who have a purpose'.  The game is our environment and in that environment SO many things can happen.  Call me a loser but when I get even just 10 min of good rp with another character, I'm happy for the rest of my day.  HEHE

More
16 Sep 2007 20:22 #1974 by Alwyn
Replied by Alwyn on topic Re: Your favorite things
I personally love the depth of the game. You see one thing and you know the creator behind it thought not only in the single train of thought which most games seem to be made now-a-days, but on multiple levels. I love the work that goes into making something so complex that no matter how mcuh you search an area, it will take years to figure out the full potental of a new area, skill, or sometimes even creator or NPC. I love the depth of players (mostly anyways) which I can interact with and the challenge of interacting with different races, themes, and stories which completely engulf this game.

More
17 Sep 2007 07:03 #1975 by Shadowslay
Replied by Shadowslay on topic Re: Your favorite things
The grittiness and the mundane, mixed with subtle elements of the mysterious.

People don't run around with magically enchanted items throwing fireballs all over the place; if it does happen, it's probably a creator-driven RPE and rare occasion. Every 'fantastic' thing out there is not necessarily understood or known to be defeatable. This distinguishes AL from other MUDs of similar setting that have been described as 'robust fantasy' or some-such, and helps keep elements of the fantastic as novelties.

Simple things, like carrying a canteen or having bandages/fire making supplies, are important - because you can't just throw a 'light' spell or whatever everywhere, you know?

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds