Dart

More
18 Sep 2007 18:13 #1965 by Alluthia
Dart was created by Alluthia
...Maybe this word is forbidden here. If it is, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I recently read that AL is derived from this. I was wondering if someone could tell me how Dart is different from AL, so that I don't have to waste time finding out for myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2007 21:31 #1966 by Jinkarto
Replied by Jinkarto on topic Re: Dart
You need a "paid" email address to play Dartmud. If your ISP didn't give you one, you have to bum one off a friend. Or find an AOL user who doesn't want theirs.

You can use any old email to play AL.

More
18 Sep 2007 21:50 #1967 by Ritor
Replied by Ritor on topic Re: Dart
Whoa. I remember playing dartmud long long time ago. But ... whoa, it's absolutely different then Accursed. I'm suprised they're related somehow.

More
19 Sep 2007 17:56 #1968 by Aesuna
Replied by Aesuna on topic Re: Dart
From what I understand, long long long ago DartMUD had a test MUD that they used to test a new combat style. This was the beginning of AL. For some reason, certain Creators of DartMUD decided to break off and form Accursed Lands. There's no hard feelings between AL or Dart, and some Creators here still have Creator friends over there. I've only played DartMUD briefly, but it was a -lot- different than AL.

Really the only similarities I really saw were that they both used the LPC codebase, but then again I really only played for 20 min tops. And their bramen are elephants. :P

But remember that AL was made about 10 years ago. Both AL and Dart have had plenty of time to evolve individually so it makes sense that they've become completely different games.

More
20 Sep 2007 11:07 #1969 by Jayess
Replied by Jayess on topic Re: Dart
DartMUD's one of the best free MUDs around.

AL's Wikipedia entry has a paragraph that summarizes the relationship between AL and DartMUD.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accursed_Lands

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds