Newbie friendliness

More
27 Sep 2016 18:14 #1652 by Corrin
Newbie friendliness was created by Corrin
Hey folks,

I'm a little concerned about how newbie friendly our mud actually is. Most of the time, I see 5 people on; one creator, myself, and 3 other people who are hidden and won't show up on Whoareas. How can we be an RP oriented mud when all of the players are hiding?

Corrin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2016 22:36 #1653 by Grendal
Replied by Grendal on topic Newbie friendliness
I rarely see people and when I do it's a treat. I take the time and do some RP and then I'm back on the move doing what I planned to do before I logged in.

It's hit or miss when it comes to the number of people that might be on. I'm lucky to jump on once every two weeks.

Hope to see you in the game or maybe I already have.

More
05 Oct 2016 01:25 - 05 Oct 2016 01:26 #1654 by Blakat
Replied by Blakat on topic Newbie friendliness
I don't believe the problem is with "friendliness." Well, not entirely. The very few players who seem to always be on, are often just AFK completely or are focusing on some kind of skill leveling while multi-tasking and picking their toes while watching the latest episode of My Little Pony.

Those who wish to roleplay with players, normally have WHOAREAS on. Unfortunately, there are not a whole lot of those players around. Players who are more mechanically focused tend to be the majority when numbers are down, as they do not require as much other-player interaction to find enjoyment in the game.

With that said, if you are a player who is (at least on some level) focused on role-playing and the interweaving stories which make this game so great... well then I hope you stick around for many years to come.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2016 01:26 by Blakat.

More
10 Oct 2016 20:33 #1655 by Corrin
Replied by Corrin on topic Newbie friendliness
It's gotten a lot better in the last week, some of the active players have started stopping by and roleplaying stuff.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds