How long you've played?

More
24 Mar 2016 16:54 - 24 Mar 2016 20:07 #1620 by Gordon
So I was wondering. How long has everyone been playing AL? How old's your current/oldest character?
Last edit: 24 Mar 2016 20:07 by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2016 17:18 #1621 by Grendal
Replied by Grendal on topic How long you've played?
I've played off and on since 1998.
18 years of AL.

If I still had my first character, it would be 469 years old according to AL's "help time" chart.

The age of my current character would be breaking the rules, but I can say that any character I play will be fairly knowledgeable unless I play an idiot, which wouldn't be too hard for me to do :)

I like to think of AL as being this rare gem of a game that only a few hundred people in the whole world even know about. And I've had the pleasure of playing this game in which the creators have spent countless years tweaking and modifying to keep it going.

That said - Hope you enjoy the game

More
26 Mar 2016 17:20 #1622 by Dr. Fragment
That's amazing! Thank you for being here!

More
01 Apr 2016 04:25 - 01 Apr 2016 04:25 #1623 by Blakat
Replied by Blakat on topic How long you've played?
I started playing AL in 1997 at the age of ~14. I am now almost 33 years old. :P

My buddy Steve (ALKAL) who originally got me into the game no longer plays, and hasn't for about 15 years.

I was using dial up AOL when I first started, and I would tie up our phone line for hours - my parents did not appreciate it.

Anyways, many epic years of great stories and RP in this game.

As for my current character. Well... you'll just have to find out IC. ;)
Last edit: 01 Apr 2016 04:25 by Blakat.

More
07 Apr 2016 09:08 #1625 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic How long you've played?
I just began playing AL a month ago, went through three chars so far because of trying to find the right fit for me so I can safely say that my chars are what? 18!? Muahaha

More
09 Apr 2016 01:37 #1626 by Ulph
Replied by Ulph on topic How long you've played?
Started on my first character in either '98 or '99?? Eventually lost the account info and lost the email account also :P

Played off and on, different characters, diff races through the years, still not sure which ones I prefer :)

More
09 Apr 2016 19:39 #1627 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long you've played?
Oops! I think I gave the wrong impression. I'm actually not very new. I played for the first time in 2006. Lost my first few characters very quickly, but those deaths were good learning experiences. Then, made other characters that lasted much longer. I keep leaving for months or years in some cases, due to RL schedule changes (college, work, etc.), but always came back eventually, because this is one of the few unique MUDs out there.

I'm not newbie, but I don't consider myself to be that knowledgeable about the game. I've had long periods of time to forget things and I'm not good at figuring stuff out in the first place. I remember hanging out with two characters (during different periods of play), who I attribute to increasing my characters' survival rates drastically. Think they were Dimitri and Ralar.

Now that I have time to play this game again, I'm back and I dragged a completely newbie friend in with me. My buddy seems to be enjoying the place so far, so hoping to have lots of adventures in the future :)

More
04 May 2016 03:12 #1638 by Lina Abidin
Replied by Lina Abidin on topic How long you've played?
are people still playing? having problem getting old account back and making new account is not working too :(

More
04 May 2016 15:31 #1639 by Dr. Fragment
Lina: solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lina Abidin

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds